It didn't take much for an old hand like Geralt to find out that the monster which had attacked the refugees was a wyvern. And not just any wyvern - a royal wyvern, though I doubt knowing they had come in close contact with royalty was much comfort to them.
Once discovered, signposts allow you to travel directly from one location to another. Walk up to a signpost and use it to open ingame map.SignpostBenek
When you draw on a Place of Power for the first time, you receive an additional Ability Point.Place of powerYrden Sign
Offers of work for witchers are posted here. Return from time to time to notice boards you've already seen - new contracts might have been posted since your last visit.
Notice boardDownwarren Notice Board
Contract: Swamp Thing (12)
Notice boardLindenvale Notice Board
Quest: The Fall of the House of Reardon (6)
Contract: Mysterious Tracks (20)
Contract: The Merry Widow (10)
It's always some kind of box, chest or a corpse containing witcher gear diagrams required for scavenger hunt quests.
Scavenger huntCat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 1
Chest is inside cave, not far from it's entrance.
Diagram: Enhanced Feline boots
Scavenger huntCat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 2
Chest is inside Mysterious Cave.
Diagram: Feline steel sword - enhanced
Scavenger huntGriffin School Gear Diagrams
Chest is in the largest room of the Monster Den.
Diagram: Griffin armor
Diagram: Griffin gauntlets
Diagram: Griffin trousers
Diagram: Griffin boots
Witcher George's journal
Scavenger huntSuperior Feline Diagrams
Diagram: Superior Feline armor
Diagram: Superior Feline gauntlets
Diagram: Superior Feline trousers
Diagram: Superior Feline boots
Scavenger huntWolf School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 1
Chest is inside Grotto.
Enhanced Wolven boots
Scavenger huntCave Entrance
Scavenger huntCave Entrance
Scavenger huntMonster Den
Occupied by Wraiths (7) and Ekimmara (11).
Use aard sign to destroy two walls.
Beware the room with flammable gas.
Scavenger huntMysterious Cave
Scavenger huntBlacksmith (Amateur)
Adalbert Kermith's fourth map
+ Armorer's Table
Hidden treasure questDead body lying next to huge fossil
Loot Scratched key and go after footprints.
Hidden treasure questHidden from the World (7)
Guarded by Deserters (9).
Loot Letter from deserter's body.
Hidden treasure questOut of the Frying Pan, into the Fire (-)
Loot Crumpled notes and Key to treasure chest from dead body.
Body is inside small cellar (destroy wooden doors).
Hidden treasureHidden treasure for Hidden from the World (7) quest
Hidden treasureHidden treasure for Out of the Frying Pan, into the Fire (-) quest
Hidden behind haystack.
Hidden treasureSmall locked chest
You need Scratched key to open it.
It's always some kind of box, chest or a dead body containing some goods and guarded by one or more monsters.Guarded treasure
Every nest is guarded by monsters of a specific type. Use bombs to destroy it. Do not forget to loot it after its destruction.Monster nestMonster Nest - Draconids
Kill all the opponents in the area. There is always a treasure chest somewhere in the camp.Bandit camp
A place abandoned due to monster or bandit attacks. Once the danger is eliminated, it will fill with life once more.Abandoned site
You will find more info about quests further below. Warning: Quest descriptions contain a lot of spoilers!QuestContract: Phantom of the Trade Route (23)
Secondary questHazardous Goods (-) - Help Gert Borel.
On one of Velen's muddy roads Geralt came across an unfortunate soul trapped under his cart. The man had had an accident while hauling corpses of plague victims. The witcher decided to help him.
- Help the trapped man.
- Help the man burn the bodies.
Secondary questThe Truth is in the Stars (-)
Deep in the swampy woods of Velen there is a roadside altar praising the glories of one of the forgotten gods. That is where Geralt encountered a shriveled, half-senile old man who claimed he could foretell the future and would read Geralt's fortune - for a small fee.
- Bring the fortune teller something to eat.
- Find dragonsroot using your Witcher Senses.
- Take the dragonsroot to the fortune teller.
Secondary questThe Fall of the House of Reardon (6)
Continuing his tour of rural Velen, Geralt stopped by the village of Lindenvale. There he came across a grief-stricken old woman. The cause of her woe? She was homeless, a monster having made its nest in her family manor and forced her into a rental situation elsewhere that had recently proven unaffordable. When Geralt approached her, she asked him to rid her manor of this beast. In return she gave him a precious token - the key to the chest in which she claimed to keep her life savings. Geralt couldn't refuse to help an elderly person in need, especially not one so eager to reward him handsomely for it, and so decided to do as she asked.
- Ask Dolores about the monsters in her manor.
- Find the Reardon family manor. - If Letho is alive then new quest here - Ghosts of the Past (6).
- Kill the monsters in the manor. - There is Sturdy Barn Key in chest inside one of the buildings. It opens locked barn doors. Inside barn you will find chest with 100 coins.
- Return to Dolores.
Secondary questGhosts of the Past (6) - Quest is available if Letho is alive.
While traversing the inhospitable lands of Velen, Geralt came across an abandoned farming estate. Upon entering the estate's farmhouse, he discovered that, though seemingly uninhabited, it was crammed full of deadly traps. Someone clearly did not want any uninvited guests snooping around the place. Geralt decided to find out who - and why.
What does one expect to find inside an abandoned country manor? Dusty crockery. Moth-eaten doilies. A moldy trophy buck, perhaps, if its inhabitants trod on the wild side. Certainly not the most wanted man north or south of the Yaruga. Yet that, dear reader, is exactly who Geralt found when he entered such a manor in Lindenvale. The assassin of kings himself, Geralt's old acquaintance, his sometime friend and sometime enemy: Letho. He was hiding there from bounty hunters out for his scalp. Geralt, now fully able to remember how Letho and two of his colleagues once saved Yennefer's life, could not refuse him help.
- Search the farmstead.
- Find where the noise is coming from using your Witcher Senses.
- Enter the barn.
- Search the barn.
- Find a ladder using your Witcher Senses.
- Kill the bounty hunters.
- Ride with Letho and find Louis.
- Kill the bandits.
- Ride with Letho to Lindenvale.
- Accompany Letho around Lindenvale.
- Deal with Vester and his men.
Secondary questWitcher Wannabe (10)
Geralt learned of a witcher who had earned the ire of several villages in Velen. One of the inhabitants of Lindenvale had even accused him of fathering his daughter's child. The whole affair seemed highly suspicious, so Geralt decided to investigate and find out the truth of the matter.
- Find out more about the contract posted by the residents of Lindevale.
- Use your Witcher Senses to look for the charlatan in the cemetery.
- Kill the ghouls.
Secondary questFools' Gold (10)
During his travels through Velen, Geralt survived many a bizarre adventure, but few more memorable than that which I will now recount. For who would have thought a routine stop in a village strangely empty save a few bandits arguing with a local dunce would end in such a curious fashion? The witcher surely didn't, though he did have his suspicions. After he dealt with the bandits and talked to the fool, Yontek, he set about visiting the village's huts and the pigs who dwelt in them. Yes, that's right - pigs.
- Defeat the looters.
- Talk to Yontek.
- Use your witcher Senses to examine the pigs in the village of Lurtch.
- Talk to Yontek.
- Find the hog hut.
- Go inside the hog hut.
- Look for clues in the hog hut using your Witcher Senses.
- Talk to the pig.
- Talk to Yontek.
- Kill the wolves attacking the pigs.
- Gather all the cursed pigs under the windmill.
- Use the Axii Sign to make the cursed pigs follow you.
- Escort Yontek and the cursed pigs to the hog hut.
Witcher contractContract: The Merry Widow (10)
Geralt took a contract the gravedigger of Lindenvale had hung on the village's notice board. It seemed the village cemetery was full of monsters who seized children as their victims.
- Talk to the gravedigger.
- Go to the cemetery.
- Defeat all enemies in the cemetery.
- Explore the cemetery using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the scent of cadaverine using your Witcher Senses.
- Invertigate the lair using your Witcher Senses.
- Take the skulls.
- Put the skulls in the cemetery and wait for the grave hag to come.
- Kill the grave hag.
- Take a trophy. - Loot: Grave Hag's Ear, Grave Hag's Tooth and Grave Hag Trophy.
- Colect your revard from gravedigger.
Witcher contractContract: Mysterious Tracks (20)
In the village of Lindenvale Geralt came across a highly unusual contract. A certain hunter was worried by some strange tracks he had found in the woods and sought someone who could help him determine to whom - or to what - they belonged.
- Talk to the hunter.
- Search the forest using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the tracks using your Witcher Senses.
- Find out where the scent is coming from using your Witcher Senses.
- Find a way into the cave.
- Explore the cave using your Witcher Senses.
- Prepare some bait based on the alchemy formula. - You will receive Manuscript page: Chort lure.
- Pour the bait around the hill.
- Wait in the cave for the chort to catch the scent.
- Kill the chort.
- Take a trophy from the chort.
- Collect your reward for killing the chort.
Witcher contractContract: Phantom of the Trade Route (23) - Talk to Refugee.
Once upon a time, Geralt took a contract from a group of refugees. I don't know if he felt sorry for the poor souls or if his witcher blood was simply itching for some action - one way or the other, he promised to find their missing companions, who had set off with a caravan headed north. All signs seemed to indicate a beast had attacked them en route.
- Find the missing caravan.
- Examine the cart using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the scent using your Witcher Senses.
- Explore the cave using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the wyvern's nest.
- Destroy the wyvern's nest.
- Kill the royal wyvern. - Quest can start here if not previously talked to a refugee and destroyed both nests.
- Take a trophy from the royal wyvern.
- Visit the poster of the notice about your payment.
Treasure huntOut of the Frying Pan, into the Fire (-)
- Read the notes you found.
- Search the dead man's hiding place using your Witcher Senses. - Chest is hidden behind haystack.
Treasure huntHidden from the World (7)
- Read the letter you found.
- Find the hidden goods mentioned in the letter by using your Witcher Senses.
Treasure huntScavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear (17)
In his travels, Geralt happened upon the trail of a witcher named Kiyan. Having heard tale of this witcher's legendary equipment before, Geralt decided to investigate, visions of mighty armor and sharp weapons glistening before his eyes...
- Find the diagrams to all elements of Cat School witcher gear - 7 parts.
- Explore the passage under Temple Isle. - In a room with levers and statues, pull levers until every statue faces into the central. Dive and loot Laboratory key from a skeleton on the bottom of the pool. Find doors to laboratory, open it and kill Mad Kiyan (17).
- Read the mage's notes.
- Search the wreck of the "Flying Stag".
- Explore the ruins of Est Tayiar.
Treasure huntScavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 4 (34)
- Find the armor upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the steel sword upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the silver sword upgrade diagram using your Witcher Senses.