After Vserad, its previous owner, panicked at the news that armies were approaching and fled to Fyke Isle, this castle became home to Philip Strenger, alias the Bloody Baron, along with his family and entourage.
Once discovered, signposts allow you to travel directly from one location to another. Walk up to a signpost and use it to open ingame map.SignpostAbandoned Tower
When you draw on a Place of Power for the first time, you receive an additional Ability Point.Place of powerQuen Sign
Offers of work for witchers are posted here. Return from time to time to notice boards you've already seen - new contracts might have been posted since your last visit.
Notice boardCrow's Perch Notice Board
Contract: Shrieker (8)
Quest Races: Crow's Perch (-)
Quest: Gwent: Velen Players (-)
Quest: Fists of Fury: Velen (11)
Contract: The Griffin from the Highlands (24)
It's always some kind of box, chest or a corpse containing witcher gear diagrams required for scavenger hunt quests.
Scavenger huntBear School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 4
Chest hidden behind the broken cart.
Diagram: Ursine steel sword - mastercrafted
Scavenger huntGriffin School Gear Diagrams
Guarded by Wyvern (14).
Chest next to grinding stone (roof of buiding, not tower!)
Diagram: Griffin silver sword
Scavenger huntGriffin School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 1
Chest is in ruins, surrounded by burnt beams.
Diagram: Enhanced Griffin trousers
Scavenger huntWolf School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 1
Chest is inside Garden Well.
Diagram: Wolven silver sword - enhanced
Scavenger huntGarden Well
It's inside Crow's Perch keep, in the garden.
Scavenger huntThe Cave
Scavenger huntBlacksmith (Amateur)
Adalbert Kermith's second map
+ Armorer's Table
It's always some kind of box, chest or a dead body containing some goods and guarded by one or more monsters.Guarded treasure
Every nest is guarded by monsters of a specific type. Use bombs to destroy it. Do not forget to loot it after its destruction.Monster nestMonster Nest - Ghouls
Kill all the opponents in the area. There is always a treasure chest somewhere in the camp.Bandit camp
A place abandoned due to monster or bandit attacks. Once the danger is eliminated, it will fill with life once more.Abandoned site
You will find more info about quests further below. Warning: Quest descriptions contain a lot of spoilers!QuestDefender of the Faith (10)
Card: Zerrikanian Fire Scorpion
Card: Impera Brigade Guard
Card: Nausicaa Cavalry Rider
Saddlebags (+ 30 max inventory weight)
Available after you save him from the guards.
Sells Racing horse Blinders.
Main quest: A Princess in Distress (6)
Underwater Tower Entrance
Some Drowners (10) swimming here.
Secondary questReturn to Crookback Bog (9) - This quest becomes available once you complete The Ladies of the Wood (6) and Family Matters (6) quests.
As you recall, the self-proclaimed baron of Velen had asked Geralt to find his missing family. And so, ever a man of his word, find them he did. Tamara, the baron's daughter, he found in Oxenfurt, where she had joined the witch hunters. As for Anna, the baron's wife, she had been kidnapped by the Crones and made their slave, in fulfillment of a bargain she had struck with them earlier. Hearing this, the baron swore to free Anna, with or without the witcher's help, and set off to the place in the bog where Geralt had seen his wife.
- Meet the baron in Downwarren.
- Go with the baron to the Crones' huts in the bog.
- Help the witch hunters fight the monsters.
- Prepare for a fight.
- Kill the fiend and the other monsters.
If you've helped spirit during The Whispering Hillock (5) then...
- Visit Johnny to find out what happened to Anna.
- Use your Witcher Senses to find Johnny.
- Tell the others what happened to Anna.
- Find the door to the hidden room.
- Enter the cave.
- Talk to the baron. - At the end, Baron and his wife will be dead.
If you destroyed the heart in the tree's roots then Baron and his wife survive, but they both leave Velen in search for help.
Secondary questRaces: Crow's Perch (-)
There was not much in the way of entertainment at Crow's Perch, so the baron's men were always looking for new ways to pass the time. One of their favorites - horse racing at night and the chance for friendly (and not-so-friendly) betting that went along with it. Though the witcher had plenty of other things to occupy his time, he decided he could spare a few moments to take part in these races.
- Go to the race's starting line. - Win with 3 opponents. You can win Racing saddle (40 Stamina), Saddlebags (30 Maximum inventory weight) and Horse blinders (20 Horse's Fear Level).
Secondary questGwent: Velen Players (-) - Posted on Crow's Perch Notice Board
Though you might think it unlikely, even war-ravaged Velen boasted many prominent gwent players. They possessed certain valuable cards which Geralt wished to add to his collection. To do that, he needed to defeat them. The first on his "To Fleece" list: the Bloody Baron.
- Win a unique card from the baron.
or (when baron is unavailable)
- Look for a unique card and information about other players in the baron's office. - New quest - Collect 'Em All (-).
- Win a unique card from the man in Oreton. - Play with Boatwright - Card: Letho of Gulet.
- Win a unique card from the soothsayer. - Play with Old Sage - Card: Crone: Weavess.
- Win a unique card from Haddy iof Midcopse. - Play with Haddy - Card: Vernon Roche and Card: Eredin Breacc Glas.
Secondary questCollect 'Em All (-)
In his previous adventures, Geralt had gained fame as a master dice poker player. Yet having mastered all challengers in this arena, he had no choice but to find another in which to garner more laurels. He thus decided to take up gwent, and since he aimed to play at the highest levels, he felt he had to gather a complete collection of all the cards available - including some which could only be had by winning them off the best players around.
- Complete your collection of gwent cards.
Secondary questLast Rites (9)
- Find the old woman's husband's grave using your Witcher Senses.
- Place the ring on the grave. - You can use Magic Lamp here.
- Return to the old woman for a reward.
Secondary questDefender of the Faith (10)
Geralt has a "live and let live" policy regarding the gods and their worshipers: if they don't bother him, he returns the favor. Sadly, not everyone follows this sage precept. A distraught woman in Velen informed him someone had been destroying the shrines that dot that region's roadsides. She begged him to repair the damage and, if possible, punish those responsible. Though he did not share the woman's devotion or outrage at this sacrilege, he decided to help all the same.
- Fix all the damaged shrines. - There are three shrines.
- Defeat the vandals. - You will meet them at the last shrine. If you let them vandalize shrines then quest will fail.
Secondary questFists of Fury: Velen (11) - Posted on Crow's Perch Notice Board
When Geralt found out a fistfighting circuit was operating in Velen, he decided to test his strength and enter. You must know Velen bouts were remarkable for their dirty and no-holds-barred fighting, but to someone who fights monsters dirtily and leaves no holds untried on a daily basis, this was no worry.
- Defeat Smithy. - He is inside Inn at the Crossroads. Talk to Bookie to start the fight. You can bet max 70 coins.
- Defeat Fishgulper. - He is in Lindenvale. Talk to Bookie to start the fight. You can bet max 70 coins.
- Defeat Jonas. - He is in Blackbough. Talk to Bookie to start the fight. You can bet max 50 coins.
- Fight the sergeant for the Velen title. - You can bet max 80 coins.
Secondary questMaster Armorers (24)
Witchers live to kill monsters, and so they place great importance on the weapons and armor they use. Bodily harm is all too common in this profession, so whenever the chance arises to acquire better work clothing, the thinking witcher pounces on it like a cat on a plump mouse.
Such a mouse skittered in front of Geralt's eyes at one point in the form of the dwarf Fergus, an armorer of great renown. The craftsman promised to forge top-notch equipment for our hero, but first he needed the appropriate tools. Geralt thus set out in search of them.
- Find a master armorer in Velen.
- Ask if Fergus is a master armorer.
- Get blacksmith's tools from Undvik.
- Defeat the troll. - Rock Troll (26).
- Bring the tools to Fergus.
- Get gland acid from an archgriffin.
- Take the gland acid to Yoana.
- Help test the armor.
- Wait one day while Yoana forges your armor.
Witcher contractContract: Shrieker (8) - Posted on Crow's Perch Notice Board
Not only did the people of Crow's Perch live in constant fear of the baron's mad impulses and the greed of his band of toughs, but they also had to deal with a vicious monster. They had given this beast a lovely, full-of-wholesome-folk-character name: "shrieker." It had tormented them so terribly that they had decided to pay for a witcher to take eradicate it. Geralt, who was far from deaf to the concerns of simple folk (and also was forever in need of more coin), decided to take the contract on this mysterious beast.
- Talk to contract issuer.
- Talk to the person who witnessed the shrieker's attack.
- Investigate the site of the monster's attack using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the blood trail using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the monster lair using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the monster using your Witcher Senses.
- Drive the monster out of its lair with a Samum, Grapeshot or Dancing Star bomb.
- Chase down the monster.
- Kill the monster.
- Collect your reward from the contract issuer.
Witcher contractContract: The Griffin from the Highlands (24) - Posted on Crow's Perch Notice Board
A true master armorer is a rare bird indeed, so we can honestly speak of delight sparking in Geralt's heart when he first met Yoana. Yet before she could forge him new armor, she was in need of some assistance. The witcher would have to hunt down an archgriffin and extract from it some ingredients required for the forging of the finest armors.
- Find the archgriffin using your Witcher Senses and kill it.
- Take a trophy from the archgriffin.
- Take the archgriffin tropy to the baron's quartermaster.